This blog was originally posted on January 20,2022. It has been updated on May 19, 2022
Some AV manufacturers are reporting delivery delays ranging from two weeks to five months due to the global semiconductor chip shortage. Even further disruptions could be on the horizon for common AV technologies used in meeting rooms and classrooms, including cameras, PCs, and personal devices such as laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
What We’re Hearing. AV Solutions is aware of these shortages—and their impact—and is working closely with manufacturers to stay up-to-date with how products are impacted and what delays there might be.
Here are the current estimated delays* of which AV Solutions are aware:
- All Crestron products are shipping 12-26 weeks from point of order
- Stampede, NEC, Samsung, and Sharp displays and projectors: 4-8 weeks
- Poly VVX phones: 10-12 weeks
- QSC is experiencing inventory and shipping delays.
- Mixers: 22 weeks
- Amps: 22 weeks
- Most other products: 1-17 weeks
- Legrand AV vendor facilities are experiencing inventory and shipping delays
- Chief: 2-6 weeks depending on the type of mount
- Middle Atlantic: most products are 2-6 weeks
- Vaddio: 2-4 weeks
- Barco: 2-4 weeks
- Lifesize: 14 weeks
- Shure: 4-33 weeks
- Sennheiser: 16 weeks
*These delays are estimated ship dates from the manufacturer and do not include shipping time to our location.
What to Do. We recommend finalizing all your AV equipment needs for 2022 as soon as possible, so you can place your orders and have enough lead time to accommodate any delays, current or future.
Need help finalizing your technology plans and choosing the best technology to meet your needs? Get in touch with AV Solutions today.